Monday, August 22, 2016

Birthday and Valle Real :: August 22, 2016

Hi!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! It was a fun day. I especially loved having my birthday on a Sunday because I was able to go to church and see all the ward family. One of our investigators, Ami, gave me a skirt for my birthday. She is amazing!!! In the night, another investigator, Hania, bought a cake and they sang to me and pushed my face in the cake (a Guatemalan tradition). It was a really fun day. We have the very best investigators and members. My companion, Hermana Gunderson, and some other missionaries made me fun cards and called. Today, we came back from running in the morning and Hermana Hill and Hermana Rosas from our zone had made us breakfast to celebrate! It was such a great day and especially amazing to reflect on my Savior and have the opportunity to have another year of life and celebrate in the mission field. Thanks everyone for thinking of me! 







It has been a great week. I love my area. We have the coolest investigators and members.

We have seen a lot of changes in our mission since President Goodman has come. All the changes are so inspired and our mission is really moving in a great direction. One of the biggest changes is a change in focus on helping to baptize people who will live in the gospel and be converts, not just numbers. That was always the goal, but as humans, it is easy to lose our purpose. The mission was great before, but we are focusing on being better, with more obedience, diligence, and love, focusing more on people's needs and genuinely helping them come unto Christ.

In this week's leadership meeting, we broke the glass plaque of all the mission numbers and records. It gave me chills. We have changed the mission to be one more focused on people... missionaries helping people come unto Christ. It gave me chills. I am happy to be part of the change. It feels so refreshing.

Another cool part of the week was that Hna Gunderson and I were able to give stress management workshops to the missionaries. I was so happy! I love teaching about health and well being.

Ami, the coolest investigator in the world, is still progressing and really has seen the changes in her life by living the gospel. She is like our mother here and is always watching out for us. She is a single mom of 3 boys and we have really been able to see the changes in herself and her boys.

I love being a missionary. I know my Savior lives. He died for us. He wants us to be happy. He is always here for us, no matter what. Because of Him, we have hope for a better future!

Remember... there are two types of people... those who we love and those whose story we don't know. 

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Jessop


Getting ice cream on one of our many trips to the coast with our fun zone leaders


The Mountains



Hna Gunderson and I with Elder Myers, an elder from our group.. He is like our brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment