Monday, August 15, 2016

San Marcos :: August 15, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all the early birthday wishes! I will respond to more emails next week. There is not too much time today, but I wanted to say thank you so much for thinking of me beforehand!

I had transfers and am now in the mountains, in San Marcos, in an area called Valle Real. I love it!! We actually get cold, which is strange coming from the coast. I am still adjusting to wearing sweaters and sleeping with 7 blankets. It is amazing and beautiful and reminds me of home. The ward members are also really great. I feel kind of like I am in The States here. It is a more advanced in some ways. Also, we are about 5 hours away from the mission office, so we take a lot of buses. It is fun though because i love the scenery and traveling!

My companion is named Hermana Gunderson. She is so much fun!!! I love being her companion. I have learned so much from her!! She is an amazing missionary. We have been working hard and are really tired, but so happy! We like to laugh all the tiiimee.

Marisol was baptized this last weekend. She went to church for 2 years and has had a strong testimony of the church for a long time, but her husband did not like her going to church, so she just went to church when he was out of town for the weekends. Finally, one day, she started going to church when her husband was there too. She eventually told him she wanted to get baptized even though he was not completely happy with it. He is coming along too and getting to know the church. Marisol is absolutely amazing and has such strong faith and a strong testimony.

Another investigator is named Ami. She speaks great english and wanted to be able to pass an english test so that was her first motive in meeting with us. But, as we have gotten to know her and have been teaching about the restored gospel, she tells us that she originally just wanted to learn english, but has come to find that the church is true and has exactly what she has been looking for for many years. She calls us her daughters and always gives us limes from her lime trees.

I am so happy to be in the mountains. Everything is different here. I am super excited for the new experience. I love being a missionary!!!

We have a new mission rule that we have to drink CoCa COla everyday. For those of you that know me, I am working on that one.... ;)

Thank you all for your support and love. Love you all!!!

XOXO
Hermana Jessop











No comments:

Post a Comment