Monday, November 21, 2016

Mini Missionaries and Guatemalan Gratitude :: November 21, 2016

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone. It is fun to reflect and think that last year at this time, I was here in Guatemala. A lot has changed in that time, but many things are the same. The Gospel is still true, we have a Savior who loves us, and I still love being a missionary. I have been in this beautiful country for over a year. Reflecting on how fast the time goes and has gone, I have been asking myself lately if I have really lived every moment fully, if I have really taken every opportunity to learn and grow? When time is passing so quickly, are we waiting for time to pass or are we living every moment?

I have the deep impression and promise that all is as it should be, that as long as we try our very best to live the gospel, the Lord helps us use every moment and live to the fullest. There will always be things we could have changed or done better, but if we do our best to live in the moment and be grateful, the Lord teaches us what we need to learn to be who HE needs us to be. We partner with God to co-create our lives!

So, in each moment, I hope we can ask ourselves if we are truly are living in the moment, if we are truly cherishing life and showing gratitude for all we have. This is something that has helped me a lot when times are hard... just trying to live in the moment with God and be grateful for all I have.

We are so blessed! I am grateful to be alive, to have the gospel, to wake up everyday and be a missionary. I am grateful for my family, friends and life in general! Thank you all for being part of my life.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

All my love,
Hermana Jessop


My district






Also, photos of the sisters in our zone. 


Photos... this week, we had the opportunity of having 4 mini-missionaries work with us. They are 16 to 17 year old members who went out for 4 days to work as missionaries. It was fun having them with us this week! We also were able to give a short lesson at the conference. 



Some sisters from our district, Sister Wright and Sister Rementeria

No comments:

Post a Comment