Monday, November 7, 2016

The School of Life :: November 7, 2016

Hi everyone!

This week has been one of much reflection and learning. It has been a powerful one, but also a very challenging one. When new trials come, I am always reminded about how the Lord throws us outside of our comfort zones so we can learn and become who He needs us to be.

I am learning that the Adversary is real and tries to influence us daily in our thoughts. He does not have a body, but if he can influence our thoughts and change the way we feel and act, he is happy. He tries to put as much distance between us and the Lord and he can so we don't accomplish all the Lord needs us to accomplish.

Overall, this week, I have been reading a lot about how we can take more responsibility for our spiritual growth and be powerful to resist Satan's temptations. I am learning that the first step to accomplishing something and allowing the Lord to help us (and to withstand Satan's temptations) is deciding what we are going to accomplish. One of my best friends sent me a quote that really helped me this week. It says:

"Most people fail at whatever they attempt because of an undecided heart. Should I? Should I not? Go forward? Go back? Success requires the emotional balance of a committed heart. When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution, The undecided heart searches for an escape. A committed heartdoes not wait for conditions to be exactly right. Why? Because conditions are never exactly right. Indecision limits the Almighty and His ability to perform miracles in your life,. He has put the vision in front of you--proceed...."

Once we decide what it is that we need to accomplish, it is important to act with faith and courage. Once we know we have chosen a righteous desire, we can have the assurance that the Lord is going to help us achieve it. Many times, we are the ones standing in the way of our own potential because we use our agency to give into Satan's temptations. If we feel timid to go forward, it is important to ask ourselves, What would I do if I let go of all fear? That is something my mom and sister both sent me that really impacted my thought process this week.

We are strong with Christ. We cannot fall. As we take responsibility for our own spiritual well'being and growth, choose righteous desires, and move forward with faith, we will accomplish great things. I know it with all my heart!

I love my Savior and am grateful to learn and grow here in the mission field. This church is true. The gospel is what we need to find true happiness in this life and in the eternities.

What would you do if you lost all fear?? If you knew you could not fail?

Think about it.

I love you all! Have an excellent week.
Hna Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment