Monday, April 10, 2017

Take Off :: April 10, 2017

Guatemala... corn, beans, corte, offf tune singing, chickens, rain, colorful houses, tamales, tuk tuks, pues, primero dios, mosquitos....

Guatemala has become my home and will always have a very special place in my heart. Although I love Guatemala and am going to dearly miss it, I know that what matters most is not where I served but how I served and who I served. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

These last 18 months have been exhilarating, beautiful, difficult, and faith promoting. My life has been forever changed. I am now heading home, still me, but with an unshakeable testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ.

I want to testify to all of you that Jesus Christ lives. He knows us perfectly. He loves us. Because He loves us so deeply, He gave his life for us.
He also called a prophet in these latter days to restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth. I know that the church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I testify that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet. I know that God's ways are perfect and if we follow Jesus Christ, we will become like Him one day.

I love this gospel. I know it is the way to true happiness!!! Every single day, we can repent. Repentance is a joyful process!

Although I will deeply miss the beautiful Guatemalan people, I am very excited to see all of you.

See ya on the other side....



XOXO
Hermana Jessop











No comments:

Post a Comment