Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Second Week :: October 13, 2015

Guat's up everyone??

I'm really coming to love the MTC. The first couple of weeks took some adjusting but I am feeling really comfortable and happy here. I love the people I am with, the spirit and so strong, and I am learning a lot of Spanish. I'm also happy to be learning a lot about the gospel! It is amazing. I already love my mission and am extremely happy I´m here. I feel grateful that the Lord has given me this opportunity to come here. This truly is the Lord´s work and I feel very blessed to be a part of it.

This week has been really beautiful. A big theme of my thoughts has been gratitude and how gratitude can bring the spirit more fully into our lives. I have been writing down what I am grateful for and more actively trying to see the light all around me, in people, in nature, in everything. At first, I did not like the MTC very much because I felt trapped and didn't get outside much. But, I realized that I had a great opportunity to be on a mission and the Lord was trusting me with HIS work. Through prayer and study and pondering, I have started to realize that a lot of my worries and concerns have been selfish, that they are not really important, because I am here to give my time to the Lord. He will take care of everything as I give my all and trust in HIm.

To our mortal senses, we cannot fully comprehend God´s ways. BUT, I am coming to learn how the Lord carries us in His spirit. I call it "sitting in the spirit" and it is a place where we feel joy, happiness and we can see the light in ourselves and others. The Holy Ghost truly reveals the truth of ALL things and I know that as we seek to find answers and ask the Lord what we can improve upon and TRUST HIM, he will bring the light to us. He will bring us all the answers. In the process, as we trust Him and submit our will to Him, he will help us to grow closer to Him and develop more Christlike attributes.

We saw a devotional by Elder Ballard and he talked about how on his mission, he worked hard and did his best, but did not even imagine that he would be able to one day be called as a bishop and especially not as an apostle of the Lord! He pointed out that as we submit our will to the Lord´s, He uses us to bring about His work. This is not about just me or you or any one person. This is about every single one of us TOGETHER: We are all here for all of us. There is a plethora of success, happiness, beauty, love, and everything else to go around. We do not have to fight for any of these things or control our surroundings. The Lord blesses all of us as we ask him for help and work on trusting Him fully. He blesses us and we bless each other and we are all happier than we could ever imagine! He prepares us for what we will do for His children in the future. As we are obedient and rely on Him, he uses us to carry His work forward.

The Lord has given us our senses so we can enjoy life and find more things to be grateful for. He gives us many gifts. He gave us the atonement. He gives us His teachings, prayer, scriptures, friends, family, all the resources we need to be happy... We have so much to be grateful for. Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so!

The Lord knows all things and He loves us tremendously. I do not understand everything but I do know that Jesus Christ died for each of us. He lives and He is here for me and you. I love my Savior. I am so happy and I feel very blessed to be here.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. I hope we can all see the light in ourselves and others and more fully use gratitude to turn what we have into enough! We can do anything through the Lord!

Love to you all,
Hermana Alexis Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment