Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Hola! :: October 27, 2015

Hello Everyone!

Everything is great here at the MTC in Guatemala. I cannot believe I have already been here for 4 weeks and leave in less than 2 weeks to go out into the field. I am happy to be here now, but also excited to leave and head to Retalhuleau!

We went on a field trip for P day to the plaza and to the Governor's Palace and Market. It was the first time we have been out of the MTC gates since coming here 4 weeks ago, so we were super happy to go! It was a lot of fun. Beautiful colors, people, trees, flowers...just amazing overall!

In the plaza, my companion and I were able to hand out Book of Mormons and make contacts. It is the first time we have ever talked to Guatemalans or been out and about as missionaries. It was amazing!!! We were able to talk to 3 different families. It was a lot of fun and the spirit was strong. Great experience. Five different groups of people asked to take photos with us, which was funny. I have never been somewhere where I stand out so much. Ha! We are both tall and American. It was nice to be outside the gates and get excited for our missions.

Things are great at the MTC. I love my companion. We have a lot in common and our unity has grown as we are learning to teach the gospel better and to feel the spirit. My district is amazing. We are really close. My teachers and the MTC President and the other missionaries here are all so incredible. To be among so many missionaries working to serve the Lord is a magical experience! A mission is unique and I am very grateful the Lord brought me here.

Other things I love here: Laughing and smiling (it's my favorite), learning through the spirit, new opportunities, sports time, Sundays (lots of devotionals, in English!), meaningful work, getting to know the Savior better, being a missionary, beautiful flowers and trees in Guat, food, teaching the gospel, speaking Spanish, seeing others happy, living in the moment, serving the Lord, learning, growing.. and much more.

Everyday I learn more about the Lord's work and how remarkable it is. I love sitting in the spirit and learning new concepts and details about the gospel. I love my Savior. I know He loves us and is with us always. He lives.

Time is up. That is all for now.

Happy Halloweeen! I bet you can't guess what I am going to be!

Thank you all for your love and support!
Hermana Alexis Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment