Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Dalmacia :: April 11, 2016

Hi Everyone!

This week has been a great one. I am feeling adjusted to my area and really happy to be here. Coatepeque, Guatemala is beautiful!!!

Some experiences from this week:

One day this week we were about to head home for the night and we were feeling a little discouraged. As we were walking down the street, someone said hi. It took us a minute to realize that this person was talking to us in English. We stopped for a moment and started to talk to them. Right before us was a family of 7 - the mom, Ingrid and her daughters Jacquie, Amy, Ingrid, Ingrid, Alondra and Heidi. It turns out that the family moved here in October and they are going to be here until October of next year but they are from Florida. The little girls are 3, 5 and 7 and the older girls are 13, 17 and 21.

My companion and I were especially missing America that day and it was like a gift from Heaven to be able to sit down with them and talk to them. God has a way of giving us these tender mercies. I cannot even imagine how difficult it would be to have to move to a different country for a year. They go to school here and are on soccer teams and everything. They hardly speak Spanish so they were happy to talk to us too. We taught them about the Restoration in English which was a lot of fun! On Sunday, they came to church with us and I was able to have the opportunity to translate the meeting from Spanish to English. It was so much fun! They are a beautiful family and we are excited to be able to teach them about the gospel. It makes us feel at home too.

This Saturday, we also had an activity for youth where we brought young men and women from our areas to learn about missionary work. We all had 2 or 3 mini-missionaries with us. We were able to go out and teach about the gospel and contact people in the streets. It was a lot of fun!

It was a good but simple week.

Also, I am looking forward to going to the temple for the first time in my mission next week!

I love you all!
Hermana Jessop

Me with one of the ward members who reminds me of my grandpa - and my sweat towel from the Ankenman Family!

My Mini Missionaries

The Missionary Youth Conference

Our friends from Florida all ready for church

No comments:

Post a Comment