Monday, April 25, 2016

Marlen's Baptism {Coatepeque} :: April 25, 2016

Hi Everyone, 

Wow, it has been a crazy week! There is not a ton of time to write but I wanted to send some photos. This always seems to be a crazy time of year.

My companion is named Hermana Meza and she is from Lima, Peru. She has always wanted to serve a mission and is the yougest of 5 kids who all served in different parts of the world. She is just starting her mission and so excited. She is incredibly hardworking and an amazing teacher. I am learning so much from her. We have a lot of fun together.

Marlen Esmeralda was baptized this week. She is 15 and she has wanted to get baptized for a few years, but she lives with her aunt and uncle and they do not approve of her baptism. Her mom passed away so they are her legal guardians. They are members of the Evangelical Church. She has read the entire Book of Mormon and has a strong testimony of the gospel. Finally, this week, they gave her permission to get baptized. She is absolutely amazing and a strong example to me of faith, courage and unshakeable confidence! I want to be like her!

The rainy season started this week. It is sunny all day but around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, it usually rains- more like torrential downpour. Our area has a lot of hills and rocky roads, so we walk through little rivers when it rains. It is an adventure every day!

Some highlights of this week- I saw a guy with a University of Utah T-shirt on the street (I miss it like crazy), the rain has started, we had a tri-zone P-day today where we got to play games all morning, and I got a package from my family!

I have attached photos of our area, Marlen's baptism, and some rainy day photos we took together.

XOXOXX,
Hermana Jessop











No comments:

Post a Comment