Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Magical Week :: May 10, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Happy Mother's Day to all the women in the world. It has been an eventful and fun week... I can honestly say this week has been the very best week I have had in my mission so far. It has been eventful, fun, and full of miracles.

On Tuesday, we were able to go to the temple. It was the first time I have been able to go to the temple since coming to the mission field. I didn't know how much I had missed it, not being able to go for 6 months. We traveled 2 hours to go to the temple. It puts into perspective how lucky we are in Utah to be able to live so close to so many temples. If you don't have a temple recommend, work towards getting one and find a way to enter the temple. I love the temple. I testify that it is the house of the Lord and the only way to exaltation.

There is a sister here named Iginia. She is 80 years old and does not work but always finds a way to save every last bit she has every single month to be able to go to the temple. It is expensive but she always finds a way. It inspires me so much. She has been a member of the church for about 40 years and although her family members are not all members, she always goes to every activity and does all that the Lord asks of her. She is a woman of faith and courage and I want to learn to be more like her.

During the week, I cannot describe exactly what happened and why it was the best week of my mission, but the truth is that when the spirit of the Lord is in your spaces, it calms your heart and spirit and helps you to enjoy life and see things as they really are. We visited and met a lot of new people and had trials and difficulties but the spirit was with us and we were able to help people, to be instruments in the Lord's hands. Life is just not fun without the spirit of the Lord. The gospel is the only way we reach TRUE happiness, the kind of happiness that is enduring and beautiful.

Some of our investigators. We are teaching someone named Sindy. She has a lot of questions and is really curious. I love that she is willing to seek out her responses and study. She has also read all of the bible and grown up in different churches. Right now, her family is not going to a church but they are looking to join one. She is married and has one son. She is the first person I have met in Guatemala who has read the whole Book of Mormon and wants to find out if it is true. Her faith and willingness to know the truth inspires me.

Also, we are teaching Amparo. She is 30 and has 3 little girls, Luz Clarita, Marisol and Renata. She doesn''t know how to read or write but loves learning about Jesus Christ and has come to church with us the last two weeks. She is our Mama Amparo and I love her and her girls so much. Luz Clarita is going to enter the covenant of baptism this week and Amparo the following week.

Those are just some pieces of the best week ever. Perhaps it was a better week because the Lord is making changes in me and carrying me. In fact, I do believe this is the case. I have felt the Savior's love for me so strongly and I know that He knows me individually and loves me tremendously. Our Savior lives and loves us.

This week, I have learned that as we try to change our lives and come unto Christ, the adversary will try and come in to change our minds. He will tell us things that are not true and try to tell us we cannot change. I testify that we can change. All of our goals are important to our Heavenly Father and brother, Jesus Christ, because they love us! They created us! Even if it is that we want to be healthier and learn to exercise everyday or get into a school program or find our car keys, they will help us! Don't let the adversary tell you things that are not true. We are made of the stuff of eternity and can always improve and be better and better. We are training to be Gods!

To top off the week, I talked to my family. It was the best thing in the entire world. My family is so special to me. I love them tremendously... and on Monday, we went to the beach!

I love you all. I hope that even when times are hard and things don't work out how we hope they will, we can find the hope and stillness in our Savior, in his life and in his teachings. He is here for us and wants us to come unto him. Stay strong and remember that the true rock is our Savior, Jesus Christ!

XOXOX
Hermana Jessop










No comments:

Post a Comment