Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Mountain Life & Hania's Baptism :: September 5, 2016





Hi! Happy Labor Day!

The mission seems to get busier and busier, but it is amazing how much we learn in such a short time! We really have been seeing miracles and I am so grateful for that! God is good!

This month of September, we are doing the September Surge, which means that we are all giving out a box of copies of the Book of Mormon within the month of September. I love the challenge. We are also committing to reading the whole BOM within the month. As I have been focusing more on the BOM, I have really had it come alive in my life and felt the power. I know it is true because I have read it and I have felt its power in my life. The Book of Mormon is true! I love that every page testifies of our Savior Jesus Christ and brings us closer to Him.

Hania was baptized this weekend. It was a gigantic miracle because she has been going to church for about 4 months. She is the coolest 9 year old because she has the articles of faith memorized and reads the BOM by herself and is doing her Faith in God booklet. She comes to church by herself every week! It is so fun to watch. She loves the primary. Baptism has been her greatest wish but she has not been able to be baptized because we havent had permission and then when we did have permission to baptize her, her grandma got sick and her family was going through some hard times. But, last week, we went to her house and it was a miracle because her mom said that she was going to let her get baptized because she saw the changes in Hania. 




The baptism was amazing. The primary kids all sang to Hania and we made cookies and it was so beautiful. AND, the coolest part was that President and Sister Goodman came to our baptism!!! It was so much fun to have them there.

It was a miracle. I love being part of God's work.

Some of our investigators are Luis, Ami, Camila, Max, and Jacqueline. All are so amazing and have questions and are really thinking about the doctrine and reading the BOM with real intent.

Marisol, our convert from August is so cool!!! She goes to auto sufficiency classes every week and is now the second counselor in the primary presidency. She reads the BOM everyday and sincerely wants to constantly improve. She is a great example to me.

Our ward is also very supportive. I have never been in such a supportive ward on my mission. I am seeing how missionary work really works as its best with member support.

That is all for now. The church is true! I love my Savior and I love being a missionary!!!

love you all
xoxox
hermana jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment