Monday, September 26, 2016

Mountain Life :: September 26, 2016



Helllooo!

It is getting colder here in the mountains. Sometime it gets down to 30 degrees, which is super weird because I came from a really warm part of the mission. They feed us a lot of food here, so we are thickening up for the cold, but it is worth the health sacrifice for serving the Lord! Oh, and you could say there is no more mouse in our house... Also, my camera has not been working, so I won't be sending as many photos!

Time is going so quickly. I have no idea where August or September have gone. The last year has gone by super quickly. I have learned so much and am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission!

This week, Camila was baptized. She has been coming to church for about 3 months. She has wanted to get baptized but was not 18 and did not have permission from her dad, so she could not. We have been praying for an opportunity to talk to her dad, but it had not come. This last week, we went and her dad was home! I had only met him one other time in 3 months. Camila went in and talked to her dad and it was like he had a change of heart and was so willing to let her get baptized. It was incredible. So, she was baptized this Saturday!

Ami is still progressing. We were so happy when she came to the women's conference on Saturday. Her kids are now going to church too. Before, they were pretty shy and did not talk to us, but now, we are all like a big, happy family. I love that family!!!

All is well here. I know the church is true and I can't describe the joy I feel from being able to serve the Lord and open my mouth to share His gospel. I love my Savior!!!

Love,
Hermana Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment