Monday, January 30, 2017

Joy! :: January 30, 2017



Hi Everyone!

Today, I have been on my mission for 16 months. CRAZY!!! You have to enjoy every moment. Time flies!

What a fun week! It has been a week full of changes. We had a worldwide missionary broadcast on Wednesday and we have some changes to the missionary schedule ( we do the same things but can choose when we do them) and the way we count the missionary work that we do. I am excited about these changes because they allow us to be able to use our agency for good and not be commanded in all things!

This week, I learned a lot about the power of prayer. Last week was a hard, stressful one and at moments, I felt like I was spinning around and didn't know what to do. I was reading in the Book of Mormon in the book of Enos and read about how Enos wanted so deeply to be forgiven of his sins. His soul was hungry to change.

As I was reading, the spirit taught me about how sometimes, when we are struggling, it is because we are not relying enough on the Lord. We have to rely on the Lord and be hungry for this change. As I reflected, I realized that I was trying to do too many things on my own. As I focused on having more meaningful prayers, I started to feel better and to realize that life does not need to be so complicated or stressful.. it is meant to be joyful! The only way to have joy (2 Nephi 2:25) is to live the Gospel.

So, if anyone is feeling overwhelmed, overly stressed, worried, or just simply is not feeling the joy that we are supposed to feel, reflect on what you can change in your life to life more in-line with the Gospel path. The Lord wants to bless us but fear, doubt and sin keep us from receiving the blessings and happiness He wants for us (Pres. Uchtdorf). Life can be simply! We are meant to have joy!

I have felt joy this week in teaching the gospel, letting go of things I can't control and loving where I am and who I am with. Live the Gospel, in the moment and just choose happiness!

Love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Jessop

Photos
Exchanges in San Marcos
Sisters in training




No comments:

Post a Comment